Early Wednesday morning part of a Motel 6 was destroyed when a gas leak ignited. Quick action by the manager lead to an evacuation of the motel, but two people are still missing.
Many homes and businesses have natural gas running through their structures. You need to have a plan to implement in the case of a leak.
Gas Leak Emergency Action Plan
Here is a template for an emergency action plan, in accordance with OSHA's guidelines.
- When a leak is detected, sound an evacuation alarm.
- Any operations critical for safety must be performed, as required by the EAP.
- All employees must evacuate the building.
- Assemble in the designated assembly area.
- Report any missing employees to the emergency action coordinator.
- Do not return to the building until authorized by the gas company and management.