Falls in the workplace are one of the most common causes of injury and deaths. 29 CFR 1926 Subpart M requires employers to protect employees from falls, and train employees on the use of fall prevention and fall arrest. This course will help employees identify the hazards of working at heights, and use the necessary procedures and equipment to protect themselves from falling.
At the completion of this courses, students will be able to:
- Understand the hazards of falling objects.
- Explain the employer requirements for protecting employees while working at heights.
- Describe how to eliminate fall hazards, and prevent falls in the workplace.
- Recognize the 4 components of a fall arrest system.
Fall Protection Topics Covered
- Fall Hazards
- Potential Injuries
- Employer and Employee Responsibilities
- Fall Hazard Elimination
- Fall Hazard Prevention
- Fall Arrest
- Special Precautions
Free Learning Management System
When you order this course, you will also get completely free access to your own learning management system. This LMS will allow you to:
- Add employee records
- Assign and track online course completion
- Track normal classroom and in the field training
- Create training reports
- Video on demand access
- Assign training supervisors
- Create student groups