Forklifts and powered industrial trucks are commonly used in workplaces to move loads. OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178 requires that employees be trained on the safe use and operation of forklifts. This online course is a great tool for accomplishing the knowledge portion of that required training.
Once this course is completed, the student will be able to :
- Identify different types of forklifts, their controls, and how they differ from automobiles.
- Understand the center of gravity and stability triangle.
- Understand what to look for in a pre-use inspection.
- Describe how to safely drive, move and place loads.
- Discuss how to park, charge, refuel, and perform maintenance.
Training Time: 45 - 60 minutes
This course includes access to a free Learning Management System you can use to assign and track training.