Get A Free General Industry Fall Protection DVD
Get a Free General Industry Fall Protection DVD & Safety Plan
We are looking for a few aspiring directors! Safety videos that include real people doing real work are always the most effective. Here's you chance to be a part and get a free training DVD.
What Do I Do?
- Take a look at the shot list below.
- Select TWO shots.
- Go to the area at your facility where the work is taken place.
- Get the permission of the workers.
- Pull out your camera phone and turn it sideways.
- Take 15 - 20 seconds clips.
That's it! You can email us the clips or upload them to a folder we provide. It's easy.
We'll take a look at the clips, and if they are approved, we'll send you an authorization form, and put you on the list for a free Fall Protection DVD when it is released.
Contact Us With Questions or Submissions
Fall Protection Shot List
Walking and Working Surfaces
- Employee(s) walking down a hallway
- Employees walking on an elevated work platform
- Employee(s) performing a work process where there is a wet floor
- Employee(s) cleaning or removing water / snow / ice from a surface
- Employee(s) cleaning or clearing objects from a walking or working surface
- Worker inspecting an elevated walkway
- Working putting a barricade in front of a walkway to mark it out of service
- Worker performing a repair on an elevated walkway
- Climbing up and down a portable ladder
- Climbing up and down a fixed ladder on a building
- Performing work on a portable ladder
- Securing a portable ladder to the ground
- Blocking off an area while a ladder is in use
- Climbing a fixed ladder inside a safety cage
- Climbing a stairway while holding a hand rail
- Door opening onto a stairway platform
- Employee inspecting a stairway
- Hoisting a load in a hoist area
- Hoisting a load through a platform
- Attaching a load to a hoist while wearing fall protection
Repair and Service Pits
- Performing work in a service pit
- Walking around a service pit
Covers and Holes
- A open hole in a platform.
- Placing a cover over a hole.
- Employees working above dangerous equipment, such as machinery or open containers.
- Employees performing work on an elevated surface, such as a roof, behind a marked designated area warning line.
- Employees attaching to fall protection anchor points
- Employees performing work while attached to an anchor point
Personal Fall Protection
- Employees putting on their fall protection system
- Employees inspecting their fall protection equipment
- Employees checking their fall protection harness for proper fit
- Employees performing work while in a fall protection system.
If you've got other ideas that you think should be included, just let us know!