Forklift Train The Trainer
The Forklift Safety Training DVD Compliance Kit is perfect for train the trainer. It includes:
- Forklift Trainer Designation Form
- Forklift Operator Safety Video
- Forklift PowerPoint
- Forklift E-Learning Module
- All required forms and documentation.
Step 1 - Designate a Forklift Trainer
Question: Does a Forklift Trainer Need an Oustide Certification To Become A Trainer?
Answer: No - OSHA gives the employer the full authority to evaluate and designate forklift trainers for their facility. No outside certification or designation is required.
Forklift Trainers must have the:
to train operators and evaluate their competence. The employer determines who meets this requirement.
Pro Tip: Designate a forklift trainer in writing.
OSHA does not require any official documentation for forklift trainers, but it is good practice to put your designation in writing. This will allow you to demonstrate your trainers qualifications quickly and easily.
Step 3 - Identify Training Materials
Training Materials Can Be In Any Form, As Long As They Cover The Required Topics
The training materials must cover the requirements of 1910.178. They can be:
- Online Training
- Slide Presentation
- Lecture and Discussion
They just need to cover the required items. The vehicle operators manual is a good place to check for training content.
Step 5 - Reevaluate A Minimum of Every Three Years
Refresher training and an evaluation must occur when:
- The operator has been observed to operate the vehicle in an unsafe manner
- The operator has been involved in an accident or near-miss incident
- The operator has received an evaluation that reveals that the operator is not operating the truck safely
- The operator is assigned to drive a different type of truck
- A condition in the workplace changes in a manner that could affect safe operation of the truck
- An evaluation of each powered industrial truck operator's performance shall be conducted at least once every three years