On Wednesday, August 12th, there was a massive explosion at a hazard material storage warehouse in Tianjin, China. At least 56 people have died, and more than 720 are injured. Officials have not released a list of of all the materials stored at the facility, but it is known that over 700 tons of sodium cyanide were present.
Watch Raw Video of the Explosion
Have your employees who work in HAZMAT areas review the footage. It will stress the importance of safety and proper handling.
Now is a good time for an employee refresher on the proper storage of hazardous materials.
- Watch video of the explosion.
- Review list of HAZMAT on site.
- Review HAZMAT handling procedures.
- Review HAZMAT storage procedures.
- Review the safety data sheets for hazardous materials.