Frequently Asked Questions

How Long Is a "Train The Trainer Certification" Good For?

Posted on August 02, 2017 by Jeremy Norton

It is common for safety consultants and training companies to offer a "Trainer The Trainer" class, video, or certification, but these are not officially recognized or required by OSHA. For most training subjects, the Trainer just needs to meet certain experience requirements, and be designated by the employer. Example -... [Details]

What Information Is Required On Secondary Container Labels?

Posted on February 20, 2017 by Jeremy Norton

Secondary chemical containers are the chemical containers most often found in the workplace.  While chemical shipping containers must have the full GHS label, OSHA provides employers with a lot of flexibility to create their own secondary container labeling systems. OSHA Requirements for Secondary Container Labels OSHA requires secondary container labels to... [Details]

When Does A Confined Space Require An Entry Permit?

Posted on December 20, 2016 by Jeremy Norton

Confined spaces require entry permits when there is an identified hazard in the space.  Learn more about the specific requirements, and get some helpful references.